District 7 Young Women in Public Affairs Committee
- The governor appoints the chairman and other such members of the committee as the governor deems appropriate.
- The committee chairman and members shall be familiar with the Young Women in Public Affairs Award Program.
- Disseminates and receives pertinent information from the Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs Award Committee.
- Communicates with club Young Women in Public Affairs Award committee chairmen, acting as a resource to actively promote awareness of the Awards to relevant institutions and candidates in the club communities.
- Provide monthly/quarterly District newsletter articles encouraging participation and value of club participation
- Promote to clubs the use of ZI website for additional tools for campaigns, i.e.:application; poster; guidelines;evaluation scoring sheet; sample news releases
Chooses an independent evaluating committee to review applicant received from each club, submitting all applications received to the governor after final candidate is chosen.
- Submit selected candidate’s original application and references (in original envelopes received) to Zonta International YWPA Chair.
- Arranges for a presentation ceremony to give the district certificates to those recipients who live or attend school in the district.
- If appropriate, arranges for a presentation ceremony to give the international certificates to those recipients who live or attend school in the district. If possible, a member of the Zonta international Board may present the certificate, at no cost to Zonta International.
- Cooperates with the foundation ambassador to solicit funds for Zonta international Young Women in Public Affairs Awards.
- 1 August — Application form is posted on the Zonta International webiste www.zonta.org
- (local decision but usually 15 March) — Applications received by Zonta Clubs
- 1 April — Club recipient is selected and application is received by the District 7 Committee Chair
- 1 May — District Recipient is selected and application is received by Zonta International Headquarters
- 1 July — Announcement of the District and International recipients.