The district advocacy committee is mandated by the Zonta International Bylaws Article XII, Section 7 (a). This page describes the committee itself. Here is a link to current Advocacy projects/information.
- At the district level, activities to implement legislative awareness, advocacy and equal rights, following the guidelines established by the Zonta International Board (see Advocacy Definition and Policies on the ZI website under Member Resources/Policies) in agreement with the International Advocacy Committee.
- With club Advocacy committee chairmen, acting as a resource on legislative awareness, advocacy and equal rights issues.
- With the International Advocacy Committee chairman.
- With the governor, sending the governor a copy of all correspondence sent to the club or the international chairman.
- With the district service and UN committees
- The governor appoints the chairman and such other members of the committee as the governor deems appropriate.
- The chairman and members of the committee should be knowledgeable about the Zonta Objects and projects and the purpose and activities of Zonta International.
- The chairman and members should be familiar with e.g. the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and tis Optional Protocol, as well as the UN Millennium Development Goals.
Advocacy Resolution from Fall 2013 Conference
Advocacy PP-Fall 2014 Seminar from Fall 2014 Seminar